How to buy $WLD
If you want to buy $WLD but have no idea how, this post is for you.
We’ve created a step-by-step guide on buying our token so we can officially welcome you to the pack!
Editor’s note: This step by step can also be completed using other exchanges that support the Polygon Network such as Coinbase. Some initial steps may differ depending on the exchange you use.
Part 1: Get $MATIC in your Metamask wallet
Step 1: Find $MATIC (Polygon network) on Crypto.com
- Select the “Trade” button at the top of the home page on the Crypto.com app.
- Select “buy” and use the magnifying glass to search, or scroll to find, then select Polygon
Step 2: Purchase your $MATIC
- Choose how much $MATIC you’re wanting to buy. It will tell you the conversion rate and how much it will cost you in your fiat currency right above.
- Select “buy MATIC.”
Step 3: Transfer your $MATIC to an external Polygon compatible wallet (in this case, Metamask).
- Select the “Transfer” button at the top of the home page on the Crypto.com app.
- Select “Withdraw”
- *Select “External Wallet,” then choose your Metamask wallet address.
* ‣ If you need to add your Metamask wallet to your crypto.com app, there’s an easy video on how to do that here:
- Select “Withdraw” and confirm to continue to the Verification page.
- Select “Send” and enter the mobile verification code given to you.
- Open a third party authenticator app, copy the crypto.com code, and paste it for the 2FA code.
Part 2: Trade your $MATIC with $WLD.
Step 1: Change your wallet network the Polygon Mainnet.
- At the top of your home screen, under “wallet,” it will show your current Network. The default is going to show “Ethereum Main Network.” *Make sure this says “Polygon Mainnet before proceeding.
* ‣ If you need to add the Polygon network to Metamask, there’s a tutorial here: https://academy.binance.com/en/articles/how-to-add-polygon-to-metamask
Step 2: Add $WLD
- In your wallet, select your $MATIC balance and select “Swap.”
- Enter the $WLD contract address in the search bar:
select WLD and continue.
Step 3: Trade $MATIC for $WLD
- Swap the desired amount of $MATIC with $WLD by selecting “Get Quote.”
- Swipe* to swap.
* ‣ While it doesn’t cost more than cents to swap, there is still a fee. If you are unable to swap, try requesting a swap saving about 1 $MATIC in your wallet to cover gas fees, then go back to the quote.
Congratulations! You have $WLD! Welcome to the pack!